> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Brick for Interior Flooring
Login | Register

Brick for Interior Flooring

Posted by Stan Killingsworth on February 21st, 1998 10:12 PM
In reply to BRICK FOR INTERIOR FLOORING by VINNI GENOVESE on February 13th, 1998 04:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

My house, built in 1953, has a brick entry way that is made with brick pavers. Since the living room is sunken about 6" the edges are trimed with common red brick. This has proven to be a very durable surface since none of the bricks have cracked in over 45 years. Be sure that a really good base is put down first so no settling can take place or the results will not be what you want.
On the subject of sealing: The only way that you have a chance of no or very little staining is with the use of a sealer. If the finish is smooth enough you can even wax your new floor but it will be slick as a waxed wood floor. Not a good idea for a mud well. Try contacting Olympic or Thompson (Minwax) for info on sealers. Be sure to ask about waxing or polyurethane coating AFTER sealing (compatibilty with the sealer and finish). How you get the bricks smooth as a wood floor is another question that I do not have the answer to.
P.S. Bed brick pavers cost about $.21 each in So. Calif. Factory seconds cost about $.10 each. I hope this helps. Have fun.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC