> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Brick
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on April 30th, 2003 06:51 PM
In reply to HEY DOUG SIEBERT/ANYONE by gina on April 30th, 2003 05:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Gina, I too have a red brick house. Sorry, but there are some bricks that the faces come off naturally. My place is about the same age as yours. The Bobcat might have bumped the brick and knocked the face off, or loosened it, or just moved it enough to make the face fall down, in my opinion. The ones closer to the chimneys seem to be more prone to losing the faces.

I think that you have two choices. A good mason can remove the rest of the brick and replace it. You can use Bondo epoxy filler to glue what you can find back on. Bondo also is a filled epoxy glue but a slightly different type than the J B Weld. It's not quite as strong, but it does not have to be for this. You can get Bondo in the automotive department of any mass merchandiser and it is a red color that is probably pretty similar to what your brick is. It sets up in 20 minutes, maximum, so you will have to work in a small area or work quickly. Good planning ahead will prevent problems.

Doug's advice was good, based on what you said in your initial post.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC