> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > bowing basement
Login | Register

bowing basement

Posted by Brian Dilly on February 17th, 2003 10:00 AM

I have a block basement which the walls are bowing in. The previous owners have backfill
and tiled the house fixing the water issue. I would like the reinforce the basement before installing basement windows and finishing the basement. After seaching the internet I have found a product stablwall This product is a carbon fiber patch 2 by 5 ft. in size which is epoxyed over the basement wall crack. This product is sold as a do-it-yourself kit. Since this is a new product, would you recommend it?? I have also seen the reinforcer on
the internet but I cannot find anyone in my area who sells or services this product. Or would you recommend the i-beam setup. I also thought I would water-proof my basement before I enclosed the basement walls. I found a product called sani-tred Any experience with this product? Is this product any better than the over the counter products sold? By applying this, It would buy myself a little insurance just in case something would happen to my drainage system.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC