> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Boiler Heat Dilema
Login | Register

Boiler Heat Dilema

Posted by Confused in Chicago on July 7th, 1998 10:39 PM
In reply to BOILER by MSD on July 6th, 1998 01:52 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks very much your suggestion. Ironically, I have had 2 other people (highly respected) suggest the same, within days of rcvng your response. Perhaps this is an omen! Initially I was not even considering, however, now I have thrown this option back into the mix. I see this as the only option to insure I have no further problems with old pipes hooked to a new system, old radiators, hard water etc. My only concern is the high cost to run the ducts. I have a partial basement under the house, and the rest of the ducts will require installation into 3 seperate crawl spaces, with 3 seperate entrances. Then this will all have to be tied together thru the basement walls that connect to the crawl spaces. I see a huge amount of labor here! On the "pros" side, central air is an attractive option, especially when considering the extra value it will add to my house. Also, have a partner with terrible allergies and a furnace/duct system would allow air filter systems, humidifying etc. Thanks again your suggestion.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC