> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > boiler head
Login | Register

boiler head

Posted by TRACY on August 11th, 2002 07:33 PM
In reply to Boiler Heat Dilema by Confused in Chicago on July 7th, 1998 10:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

It must be something with 100 year old homes, we have a 100 year old home in Ohio that we purchased 8 years ago, we too knew very little when we purchased our new home with a boiler system. Within 1 year of purchase had to havse a new boiler, which we had installed $3,000, but we were lucky very few problems except it was powered with fuel oil, and the nozzel is continnually getting clogged, our company too and thus quit working on this unit, but was glad to take our money, and we too have had problems getting qualified people to work on. One contractor stated too that our unit was too small, why did we ever have this brand put in, and that our very old, dirt floor basement was the worst place for this unit (where else was I going to put it?), the casing is getting coroded from the dampness. As far as keeping our old home warm I love this heat, I have thought about looking into the geothermal attachment, thus hopefully cutting down the cost of fuel oil. I wish you luck, but unfortunatley, I have little suggestions. I got this site because we added a room on and we are looking instead of radiators or floor registers, the system where you run these water lines under the floor. Good luck to you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC