> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > bob isn't going to write back to you
Login | Register

bob isn't going to write back to you

Posted by lara on March 17th, 2003 11:09 PM
In reply to house building by Neal Dugas on March 15th, 2003 06:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

That would be a good book wouldn't it! I do know the library really is a good place to check though. also this is a great place to ask specific questions. good luck. What kind of house are you going to build and where? ie. slope, flat spot? That will help figure out what kind of foundation you want to use. Do you want a basement? Are you going for typical stud construction? Remember to figure out plumbing drains and put them into your slab if you do pour one if you do have a basement. After some kind of footing comes wall plates which are only treated lumber laying on its side for stud walls to be built onto. If you figure out how to build a stud wall which is usually 2 horizonal boards on top and bottom and boards every 16" on center vertically, you are 1/2 of the way home and floor joists are really almost the same thing. After the roof and putting in the windows and on with the siding you can do wiring and plumbing and put on wall coverings, sigh... Go for what you want and don't think you won't get it! I am about to close the walls in on mine after doing a good portion of the work to get to this point, atlast!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC