> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > blowing snow
Login | Register

blowing snow

Posted by andi on October 16th, 2000 09:19 PM
In reply to For 500 sq ft, I recommend a shovel. by Joe 2 on October 16th, 2000 03:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

spent alot of years shoveling snow-some years hundreds of inches. i am not a professinal snow remover although i have been paid many, many times to do it. ha. one thing that does come to mind is pulling on that rope until i`m too tired to do the job. i avoid pushing cars, hate pulling the rope on reluctant chain saws, kick starting motorcycles, ect.. if it doesn`t start itself i really don`t like coming near it. i also have a tendency to enjoy bigger motors, more control options and more buttons on my t.v. tuner even though i still haven`t figured the ones i got now. my parents ( very old now ) seem to enjoy buying from sears a number of items and targeting the most suspect items under a yearly sears service agreement and making sure sears shows a loss. gas conditioner should be used up on storage each year as well as drainning the carburator. i`d skip the maintenance warranty if dealing with a single item. charge the battery during off season with a 'pulse' charger. change the oil at this time also as well as manufacturer`s reccomended periods. i don`t know the actual quality of each item, but owing to the fact that the use is not going to be real intense, i`d figure you`d be satisifed with either item. i find i can always get my exercise in other ways than mundane activites-like swimming in my pool or out fishing in my boat that i don`t have to paddle. i have to respect people that like to be physical and shovel by hand, but i like a snowblower that starts itself and throws medium sized objects (my cat) at least 50 ft.. call it a male thing. good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC