> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Blend-Fil Pencils...
Login | Register

Blend-Fil Pencils...

Posted by Henry in MI on March 24th, 2003 08:05 PM
In reply to Melting wax filler stick by Becci on March 24th, 2003 07:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

is the name of the Minwax crayon-like ones. The colored wax in the jars by Minwax is called Wood Putty. By the way, the two part, Bondo-like Minwax filler for larger voids is called High Performance Wood Filler. They also have Wood Finish Stain Markers that are like Magic Markers and are very useful for adding grain lines and the like to areas where you have applied High Performance Wood Filler and you are trying to get the stained filler to match the surrounding wood. Hit this with a quick squirt of spray lacquer from a can to hold it until you get a good film finish on the blending job.

Minwax products are available from most "big box" home improvement retailers and similar products are available from specialty woodworking stores like Rockler or Woodcraft. Some woodworking industrial distributors welcome retail customers and others don't. Most of the sources listed have web sites.

I got ALL of these products in my collection, but not every color in every type. Just depends on what I'm trying to do. You can mix these products for yourown color variations. I have put Blend-Fil stick filler and Wood Putty in the same nail holes in prefinished boards and moldings.

And you are welcome. Thank you.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC