> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > black spot on hardwood from dog urine
Login | Register

black spot on hardwood from dog urine

Posted by linda on October 9th, 2002 07:33 PM
In reply to dog urine on hardwood floors by Christine Lockett on August 28th, 2002 07:45 AM [Go to top of thread]

To remove the stains, you can try this simple solution: Sprinkle the area liberally with baking soda, let stand 24 hrs. then vacuum it up, it should "bubble" the urine out of the floor and take away most stain. Then treat for odors with Smells No-More(tm) Odor Eliminator from Planet Urine. I use the stuff all the time and love it. I usually shop for their products on the Ebay store because I can find it so much cheaper. The URL for Planeturine on the ebay store is

If that does not work then you must REMOVE the source of the stains. That is, you must remove the urine from the floor. You will need to sand off the top layer of protective coating on the floor, and then REFINISH the area.

BEFORE you refinish the floor, if there are any odors, we recommend the following steps:

1) After you have removed the stain, you can spray Smells No-More Odor Eliminator directly on the soiled areas and completely soak it down, let dry and repeat

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC