> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bitumen sheeting
Login | Register

Bitumen sheeting

Posted by Bruce M on January 1st, 1998 07:26 AM
In reply to weatherproofing roofs and skylights by phil levine on December 31st, 1997 09:05 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Phil:
The product of which you speak is called Bitumen, although there are now a couple of other manufacturers of this product. It is basically two layers of plastic with a viscous tar compound sandwitched inbetween. Most roofing centers carry it, and its just a question of time before the big home improvement centers stock it. Historically, it was priced very high (higher than the roofing material itself), but in the last year it has dropped quite a bit in price. Personally, I think its a bit oversold. Its great for contractors who must work quickly. But with standard roofing felt, plastic roof cement, time and an eye for detail, I think you can do the same a fraction of the cost. :-)

Just my view (smile)


Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC