> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bigger Hammer
Login | Register

Bigger Hammer

Posted by Billhart Moderator on September 20th, 2007 11:37 AM
In reply to HELP ROTTED FLOORS by gjeepn1557 on September 20th, 2007 10:52 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hitting it a sledge hammer is the general reconized way to breaking one up for removal.

BE well protected and use heavy branket or canvas over the tub except where you are hitting. The shards are like glass.

I have not had to break up CI, but recently did a concrete pad.

It took a large number of hits before the first cracks started showing. Then it started quickly crumbling.

I have also heard of a using a sawzall.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC