> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Beware!
Login | Register

Posted by Bob C. on January 7th, 2003 03:23 PM
In reply to Genie by D McCoy on September 27th, 1999 09:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm not tying to be funny. I installed two Genie door openers with the rails and chains. The first one had parts missing, holes not drilled in the rails, and parts were poorly cut requiring grinding. I have a good shop and managed to get it mounted which incidentally no thanks to them, I had to purchase $50 dollars of angle iron to suspend the motor. Their idea of a motor support is a piece of tin foil.
Anyways, I got it working. I figured it must have been a fluke. I then put up the second door opener and would you believe that parts were missing, holes were not drilled, and parts were poorly cut requiring grinding.
My openers work but the average person could not have done what I did. I wrote to the company and they blew me off. Go figure?! Please take my advice and take yours back and buy another brand. Also, I get the voodoo door openings. Gee, you come home and find your garage is cleaned out. Don't take a chance. These openers are anything but QA'd

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC