> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Best paint
Login | Register

Best paint

Posted by Henry in MI on October 13th, 2000 06:36 PM
In reply to best paint by jim on October 13th, 2000 03:58 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Jim. This is very subjective and, realistically, your prep work will do more for the quality of the job than the paint will. However, I will also add that your local paint store should be your best ally. They have nothing but paint to sell and insuring you a good job is going to bring you back so they have an investment in the job too.

Personally, I would look for a Sherwin-Williams or Benj. Moore independent dealer and work with them. There is no question that a few bucks more per gallon is pretty insignificant in a job that should take you a few days and you will want to last for a long time. That said, my Benj. Moore dealer has also told me to use a lower priced paint where they felt that it would do the job. Guess who I will use for my next paint requirement? I am also sold on B-I-N primer and Dirtex for washing the walls. Even then, if my dealer said that they had a better way, I would consider their advise.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC