> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > best exterior house paint out there?
Login | Register

best exterior house paint out there?

Posted by Mark Robinson on April 30th, 2003 09:55 PM
In reply to duration exterior house paint by Mark Robinson on April 29th, 2003 09:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

I got mixed opinions on the Duration by Sherwin Williams, so what is the best paint out there on the market? Someone told me there's actually only a handfull of paint manufacturers and they make all the paint for different brands. So I don't even know if I'm really comparing different paints or not. It will be brushed/rolled on if it makes a difference. And I have to keep in mind the Masonite siding problem with swelling/gaps/pulling back through nail holes problem I have. We have a finished basement and we had a blowing rain a year ago and water actually got into our basement through the gaps in the siding. I got a whole $1700 dollars from the class action suit against Masonite. That doesn't even cover half the cost of having the house painted. Let alone replacing any siding. Before someone suggests it, yes we got estimates on vinyl siding and that would have cost us 18 to 20 thousand. Only owning the house for 2 years and not knowing anything about a Masonite siding issue when we bought the house, it looks like painting and caulking the bajesus out of the house is our only solution.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC