> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bernadette, sounds like you disconnected
Login | Register

Bernadette, sounds like you disconnected

Posted by LJ in TX on January 4th, 2003 07:20 PM
In reply to Dimmer Switch Dilemma - HELP Please by Bernadette on January 4th, 2003 04:35 PM [Go to top of thread]

power to your microve some how. what two wires were connected to the orginal standard wall switch???the red wire and which of the blacks I assume or maybe even both blacks on the same switch terminal!!!!! I think you should have connected both black wires to the source side/black wire on your dimmer switch. and then the red wire should have been hooked up to the other black wire on the dimmer switch. then the green wire (which is safety ground) on the dimmer switch usually just connects to the bare copper ground wires in the switch box if there were any present....if no bare copper wires present then you could have left it unconnected for a plastic switch box or connected it to a metal screw screwed into the metal switch box.... Hope htis all makes since. whats key is how the original switch was wired,,,,and let me know if my assumptions about how it was wired to begin with are correct. if the two black wires were connected to the same switch terminal it help feed power to the Microwave outlet. Once you split the two blacks apart you opened the power feed to the Microwave. I agree with Tom your dimmer switch may be shorted out. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC