> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Berms
Login | Register


Posted by JackD on January 29th, 2001 01:29 PM
In reply to Drainage by Danny Sheldon on January 29th, 2001 12:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

Danny, this is just a suggestion, since I can't see your problem from my house, but I know some landscapers have used berms (small hills) to divert the water to where they want it to go. I think that would be just about the cheapest solution that I can think of right now. A huge dry well would work but with enough water or rain, it could fill up and you'd still have the problem since you don't want to pipe it to the street. In some cities that is not permitted. But there are ways to run pipe under the sidewalk without tearing it up. Denver, Co., in all the new subdivisions, have engineered yard drainage and each yard has swales and berms in it and the homeowner CANNOT remove them without being liable for any damage that they cause. That's the best I can do for you without seeing the lay of the land. Good luck.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

  • Drainage by Danny Sheldon  1/29/01 12:37 PM

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC