> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Been there, Done that, But what really works!
Login | Register

Been there, Done that, But what really works!

Posted by Ron on October 6th, 1999 09:21 AM
In reply to Moles in my lawn by MAP on October 5th, 1999 04:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

I used Grub-X in the spring to get rid of the moles food source, it didn't help. They also eat earth worms.
I tried the harpoon trap, but was not too successful. I think my soil is too rocky for the harpoon trap. Its also a very tricky trap to properly setup.
The moles disappeared for several months during the drought, then came back a few weeks ago in mid September.

I put raw bacon on a rat trap (not a mouse trap. The rat trap is bigger) and set it by the opening at the end of a main tunnel. I checked it twice a day to remove carcuses, rebait, and reset it. Killed five (5) moles in one weekend. And they were doing a number on the side yard! But, not anymore.
Now, there is no more tunneling. They won't be returning. If you send them into your neighbors yard, there just going to return, after messing up your neighbors yard. If you don't like your neighbors, then just use Grub-X. If you want to solve the problem completely, then do what I did. Using Grub-X is good if you have a grub problem, but using the chemicals strictly to chase moles away isn't a solution.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC