> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > BeaverFloor
Login | Register

Posted by Heidi Lentini on March 14th, 2003 04:34 PM
In reply to Beaver Floors by George Esber on January 19th, 2003 08:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

I too ordered from Beaver. We were told a ship date. Called to confirm, were told there was no way they could ship by that date and didn't know why we were given that date. Had to call multiple times (as no phone call was ever returned on their end) and finally were told a different sized plank of Brazilian Cherry could be shipped by the date originally given and we were to receive a call telling us the time the truck would deliver. No call was received. Called the company again. Was told that they never had that wood, they made a mistake but could send us a completely different wood (a white oak, nothing like what we had wanted) in place of it and there was no way we could get the Brazilian cherry for at least another 2 weeks, which I certainly wasn't trusting at this point. Spoke with Neil Martin, who, when asked for his title, told me he was "very high up" and only after prodding did he indicate he was the CEO. He was quite abrupt, pompous and rude, explaining that there was nothing he could do to satisfy our order and that their company never guarantees any delivery time (funny, their salespeople certianly don't convey that). After I told him that I had been reading complaints about their company through the Better Business Bureau and all over the web, he told me that they would soon do away with smaller residential orders because, admittedly, they can't handle them well and they don't have to deal with them. He said that because they are a large manufacturer, they can't provide the service that local distrubitors can. I asked for my order to be cancelled but am very nervous about the charges actually being removed since I've read so many complaints that this company doesn't remove charges after they've been cancelled. I'm not holding my breath and will call my credit card company to deny payment. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau with a complaint as well. I strongly urge anyone interested in buying flooring from to look elsewhere.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC