> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > bearings / roller same thing
Login | Register

bearings / roller same thing

Posted by tomh on March 2nd, 2003 12:29 PM
In reply to Check your rollers by Mike on March 2nd, 2003 11:00 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same thing. The dryer drum has a spindle in the back center and it inserts into a bearing (roller) guide. On my GE dryer it was called a Rear Drum Bearing Kit (GE Part WE25X205) and cost under $20. The same part on a Maytag is a Rear Drum Roller Kit (Maytag LA-1008) and costs 34.95.

So it appears that bearings and rollers are about the same thing depending on who manufactures the machine. Who knows, if we keep looking we may find one called a spindle. Oh well, I learned something anyway.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC