> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Beams? Joists?
Login | Register

Beams? Joists?

Posted by P Repper on January 22nd, 1998 10:42 PM
In reply to Sagging members by Bruce M on January 22nd, 1998 09:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bruce, Many thanks for the info. I notice your posts sound professional in nature. Can you recommend a book outlining the process and what exactly the jacks are called? The reason I prefer steel is my family works with it and have built bridges etc. Wood spans are still a mystery. Currently the big logs are sagging as is the floor. I'd like to lift the entire structure, floor, subfloor and joists/beams - a little at a time if needed. So what do you call the jacks? Thanks again for youyr help. P Repper

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC