> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Beadboard Bathroom/Shower help needed
Login | Register

Beadboard Bathroom/Shower help needed

Posted by paulahov on June 16th, 2009 03:22 PM

Let me describe my idea and then I will ask the question. We are redoing our home room by room. Our bedroom is almost complete but we need to work on the master bath. It is a small/long style being a single vanity, toilet and a pretty big shower. I am not a big fan of the tile all over look, it feels cold to me. I saw this decor about a year ago and just again at my cousin's.

We want to go with the beaded board/wainscoating look. The first one I saw was a distressed with blues, browns, a peachish and a soft greenish color, sort of a Cape Cod Cottage look. Those panels would go to about window height with the rest being drywall. For the shower, we have learned that you can also put those panel on green board, paint them the colors we like then seal it with a Marine/boat clear paint. We will be doing the stained concrete, possibly scored. The shower panels will go almost all the way to the ceiling and we will drywall what is needed. I am going with Venitian Bronze fixtures. We are going to build the vanity ourselves using some form of the beaded board and either put a drop in sink or a vessel sink that is tan on the outside and has a blueish/green tint on the inside. I am sure it is hard to imagine what I am talking about but for once I can see it so clear in my mind.

Now for the question ~ We know we have to seal the panels but what do you do for the corners? Do you just use caulking? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC