renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > BE CAREFUL ...
Login | Register

BE CAREFUL ...

Posted by JAY J on March 22nd, 2000 01:37 PM
In reply to MAKING A COUNTER TOP FOR MY KITCHEN ISLAND by COLLEEN on March 22nd, 2000 12:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

COLLEEN,

AMONG OTHER THINGS, WHAT (AND HOW) YOU SAY ABOUT HOW MUCH A 'PRO' CHARGES. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PROS ON THIS FORUM GIVE YOU FREE ADVICE. WITH THAT SAID ...

IF YOU CAN MAKE THE COUNTERTOPS YOURSELF, GOOD FOR YOU! YOU JUST SAVED YOURSELF A FEW DOLLARS. BELIEVE ME, THE GRIEF IT WILL COST YOU MAY NOT BE WORTH THE SAVINGS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE 'RIGHT TOOLS'. AND IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO THE CABINETS, I'M GONNA BET YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS. (CERTAINLY, YOU CAN DO THIS W/O THE RIGHT TOOLS, BUT THAT'S WHERE THE GRIEF LEVEL REALLY SORES ...)

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, COLLEEN, THERE ARE CLIPS FOR JUST THIS PURPOSE. GO TO ANY HOME CENTER LIKE HOME DEPOT OR LOWES' OR THE LIKE, AND VISIT THE KITCHEN AND BATH DEPARTMENT. THEY MAY EVEN OFFER A CLASS ON HOW TO DO THIS TYPE OF WORK! OTHER THAN THAT, TAKE SOME OF THE $$$ YOU SAVE AND BUY A GOOD BOOK FROM TIME - LIFE ON KITCHEN & BATHS.

MY BEST TO YA AND HOPE THIS HELPS.

JAY J

PS: DID YOU GET A HEADACHE FROM READING THIS POST IN 'CAPITAL LETTERS'? I GOT ONE FROM WRITING IT! MAYBE YOU NEED TO SEE IT WRITTEN THIS WAY BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOME LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY IN SEEING. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I DID IT. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC