> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > BBQ
Login | Register

Posted by Steve Jones on June 1st, 2000 08:54 AM
In reply to Texas Barbeque by bc on June 1st, 2000 01:01 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thank you!!

I make my sauce by hand. Never the store bought stuff.

Get a can of Bush Beans the hot stuff and add some molassas, chili powder and some old venison.
Set aside.
Then wrap some ears of fresh corn up in some heavy duty foil making sure that the ears are saturated in butter. Wrap up tight and where the juices will not leak out. Set aside.

Get some good cole slaw, put in bowl and chill in the refrig. set aside.

Get some big texas toast, coat with butter and garlic and paprika. set aside.

Get a big brisket with fat on one side only. Cut squares deep into the fat side. fill with seasonings, lemon pepper, salt and pepper, wostershire sauce, and any other seasonings you have laying around. Wrap up also in heavy duty alum. paper. Make it leak proof. You will never turn the brisket over so wrap it up with the seams on the top.

Get some hickory chunks or logs and have them soaking in water for a day or two. you want them to smoke and not ignite.

Make up the BBQ sauce for a dip purpose only after the brisket is done. smoking time for a 12 lb dude is about 6 hours.

BBQ sauce is from ketchup, molassas, corn syrup, chili powder, salt and pepper, wostershire sauce, stewed tomatoes, garlic, red and green bell peppers, pecante sauce, pickles, onions, and other ingredients that if I told you I would have to have you eliminated.

Now crank up the smoker. Strive to attain and maintain a cooking temp of 350 to 400. Set the damper for just enough O2 to keep it barely going, but not enough to cause flare ups. Let it burn for one hour or so to heat up and melt the juices on and in the smoker from the previous smoke.

Set the meat on and set your clock. Then set the corn about two hours later, the bread on the last 20 minutes. Put the beans in a steel pot and set it on the smokers heat tray and just wait.

Drink some Miller's or Coors and be patient.

When the 5 to 6 hour alarm rings, then chow down and let the stuff run down the side of your mouths and yell out, "Damn good chow".

Good Luck

Not responsible for screw ups and if not sure do not try this at your home.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC