> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bay Window
Login | Register

Bay Window

Posted by Dave in Illinois on September 7th, 1999 05:34 PM

I have a bay window with alot of trimwork on the exterior. This wood is in need of stripping and repainting
which I plan on doing this week. My question is as follows: The trim has mitred corners that through the years have
seperated and are no longer even. What I would like to do is fill in these corners with some type of wood filler
and sand it smooth to hide these gaps. Does anybody know what would be a good filler to use for these gaps? I need
something that will expand and contract without cracking. The gaps are 1/4" to 1/2" in size. I really don't want to
replace the trim because I cannot match it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC