> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bathtub faucet
Login | Register

Bathtub faucet

Posted by Gabriella on April 28th, 1998 07:28 PM

My house is very old and so are the fixtures in it. The bathtub faucet was "rigged" before the house was sold to work long enough to sell the house. I am totally ignorant of the workings and mechanisms of everything inside and outside of a building and now I'm totally lost and frustrated with this old bathtub faucet that doesn't even match what's inside it (I was told this by an employee at my neighborhood hardware store). The man told me his store didn't even carry the part, that it was too old. I had unscrewed the handle with the water on (I didn't know how to turn the water off) and when I got the handle off scalding hot water shot straight out of the hole at me. I didn't know it would come out the handle opening. I had a neighbor come over and turn the water off from the basement. Now I can't use any water in my house. I can't call anybody to come fix it because I can't afford to pay anybody right now. Please help me, I don't know anybody who can help me, I would be eternally grateful, I don't know what else to do! Thank you!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC