> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bathtub faucet
Login | Register

Bathtub faucet

Posted by Billhart Moderator on September 20th, 2007 04:52 PM
In reply to Bathtub faucet and handle by coles1970 on September 20th, 2007 03:14 PM [Go to top of thread]

The tub spout is easy.

That mounts on a nipple that is threaded into an elbow in mount in the wall.

You can unscrew it and replace it with a longer one.

Some faucets have extenable trim rings for such problems. But with that age one might not be available. But if it still uses standard sizes, for that manufacture, they might help you.

What is on theother side of the wall with the faucet.

If it is DW then you replace it from the back. In fact most houses of that age have access panels behind the faucets.

If that is not possible then it can be replaced from the front.

There are valve assemblies, with large trimplates designed for that purpose.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC