> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bathroom work
Login | Register

Bathroom work

Posted by Stephen on January 23rd, 2001 03:11 PM
In reply to Bathroom Remodel by Steve on January 23rd, 2001 07:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hey Steve, sounds like you're doing much the same work that I am in my house. My 2 cents is this: first, decide what you can and can't live without. Sounds like you'll need the toilet and tub as much as possible, but can you sacrifice the sink for a few days? If so, my suggestion is this: do the walls first, saving the area around the sink for the last minute to get the most use of the existing sink/vanity. You'll probably want most of the walls done before starting the floor, but you don't have to have it all done. You'll have to take the vanity out anyway to do the floor, and you'll want to take off the toilet to do this as well (there's an earlier post that talks about why), but again you can save this 'til the last minute. You may have to go a day (or night) without a toilet, though! Which is easy for me to say, 'cause I'm putting in a new bathroom before upgrading the old one... Sorry to hear about the contractors, but with the way the economy's been lately, none of them seem to care about the little jobs (read: I've had the same problem) -- you may be better off anyway, since being busy means they can ask for ridiculous fees to do the little stuff. All of the work you're looking to do can be done well as a DIY-er, as long as you take your time and be careful!

Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Thanks by Steve  1/23/01 03:24 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC