> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bath Flooring
Login | Register

Bath Flooring

Posted by Mickey on April 26th, 1999 02:35 PM
In reply to T&G WOOD FLOORING / NEW INSTALL by BOB on April 24th, 1999 08:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

Having Refinished every square inch of my home's hardwood floors which is in every room of the house ( minus the bathrooms), I truely feel that Henry in MI is right.
Although my home is from 1926 and not 1860, I still believe that you could give it that antique, authentic look by installing small ceramic tile flooring. Mine is original one inch square octogon design and is very durable to the dog washing, as well as the showers and so forth.
The 3 inch flooring that you speak of is in my kitchen, and has not shown to be durable after one year's worth of use after refinishing. I'm just saving up to install Pergo or ceramic in the kitchen, even though it is not original to the 1926 era of the house wehich everything else has been restored back to.

So if you want the wood look, go for a Pergo-type, or if you want durablity and almost authentic look, go for the small ceramic. But DO NOT have real wood in a moderatly used bath.
Hope this helps.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC