> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Basement walls need help, old chicago brick buldging in.
Login | Register

Basement walls need help, old chicago brick buldging in.

Posted by Jeremy on February 23rd, 2003 01:17 PM

My wife and i are in the process of remodeling our old home and we seem to be worried about the foundation of the home. Im a do it yourself kind of man and I was hopeing for some insight as to whats the best route to go on repairs. I talked to the previouse owners and they said pryor to there purchase the owner just simple placed in an interior wall for added stength. but ofcourse over the years its no good and is buckling in. I was wondering if i can just simple purchase some house jacks and not raise the home but just secure it and knock out the existing wall. Know i read some hopefull things like secureing steal plates inside and pull it back out but the old brick wont handle it. lets face it 50 year old chicago brick aint what it used to be. Whats my best course of action? Second can i contiune to do the old gut and dry wall routine inside the common areas without running the chance of cracking all the knew walls i place inside?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC