> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > basement floors
Login | Register

basement floors

Posted by Mary Lou on July 23rd, 1999 01:47 AM
In reply to rEmoVe tHe dUst by joe on July 22nd, 1999 03:42 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have spent years with a board certified allergist and on the recommendation of the entire council of allergists the carpeting should be removed from all sleeping areas. We do use electrostatic devices on the furnace and filters on all air ducts. We also have HEPA aircleaners in all bedrooms along with dust mite proof mattress and pillow encasings. We use cotton only sheets and Velux blankets that are washed every 2 weeks in hot(140)water. The carpet was treated with ACROSAN dust mite killer but is a toxic solution in itself and caused a reaction. We use a triple filtration with HEPA vacuum by Nilfisk of Denmark. In spite of all these precautions the carpet harbors dust mites as soon as you put it in a room. The rubber cow barn mat is 1/2'' thick, insulating and non-absorbent and would be installed below 1/4'' Luan plywood and Solarian flooring. I'm sorry if that doesn't meet your standards of class. Feel free to email me and I will send you sites on dust mite care. What I was mainly asking is if anyone had any experience with cork flooring from England. Oh, by the way..are you really supposed to clean more than once a year?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC