> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Basement cement blocks damp
Login | Register

Basement cement blocks damp

Posted by A.J. Moscola on November 16th, 2002 06:43 PM
In reply to water profing material for basements by greg thatcher on November 13th, 2002 07:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I would appreciate information on using the right water proofing materials for my basement.Here is the problem,whenever it rains hard and my gutters get blocked with leaves and pine needles, one of my basement walls gwt damp looking. The basement never has water in it, and the floor is bone dry.In fact i dont even have a sump pump. You can see during heavy rain water coming over the gutter and coming directly down the foundation wall.Its hard keeping the gutters clean and i try to clean them 3 times a year. This is heavy wooded property.I have diverted the gutter water spouts away from the house, this dosent work of course when the gutters get clogged. I really think in the front of the house basement wall where i get the most damp cinder blocks , the gutters cant handle extreme heavy rain. In any event , i never get as i said water in the basement and no water seeping thru the cinder blocks just the damp looking blocks. I know i must keep my gutters clean, but would a water proofing material i can paint on the inside basement wall help. It is a giantic size basement , so i dont want to start something that wont do the job. Please help. Thanks A.J. Moscola

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC