> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Basement
Login | Register

Posted by Jeremy on February 28th, 2003 11:51 AM
In reply to Thanks for the recap, Tomh by Jennifer in KC on February 28th, 2003 11:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

my apoligese i didnt get a chance to folow up what i started do to some home projects i had to tackle this past week, ugh never ending jobs lol. Ok what the contractors have told me was that they wanted to actually move the home over aprox. 2'- 3' into my existing driveway. They would remove the old walls and fill in with stone, the contractor was also sugesting to lift the home higher and turn the basement into liveing space while adding in fire escape wells and so on. Now i work for a Construction company myself so i know the delema with heavy equipment, Conveyer opperator myself, clearance and simple haveing the room to do the job. He stresses the labor costs and thats why he quoted me that price.Now the Equipment being used to move the home over is going to cost me 6gs, he offered to me that i could do some of the construction my self, like adding the insulation, tile, one stone and so on. That would lower the cost but not significantly, were talking only hundreds. One other contractor company came by but didnt even step out of his truck, he looked about seen the power lines. phone ect. and rolled on ward. Personally i feel that these boys dont have enough faith in the operators to handle such cramped work sites and they feel a great risk to there men and equipment. So thats what i gathered from the contractors.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC