> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Balancing ...
Login | Register

Balancing ...

Posted by Jay J on April 3rd, 2000 01:06 PM
In reply to Ceiling Fans by Dee on April 3rd, 2000 12:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

Go here: Ceiling Fans. There's a Troubleshooting 'link' under Balancing Kit. From there, there's a link for It Wobbles.

Be sure the fan is securely mounted to the ceiling. This, alone, can cause it to wobble. When you buy the balancing kit, the instructions will tell you what to do. Go to a reputable Fan & Light Store taking a note with the Brand Name of your Fan on it. Most likely, they'll know your fan (if they carry it), and guide you through any problems. Chances are you'll be able to get someone there in person than at Home Depot or Lowes or something should you need to speak w/someone.

On the side, 'The Paint Guy' (AKA The Idiot Police, The Tyvek Dude, The No Email Andy Dude, The Electric Guy, The Garage Guy, The Tool Guy, The Paint Dude on this Forum) might disagree with me because 1) he won't believe the employee at the Fan & Light Store because the employee DIDN'T design the light, and he wants to speak with the fan's designer. And 2) why spend 2x's the price at a Fan & Light store when you can get it cheaper at Home Depot. Like I said, try to get someone to talk to you on the phone at Home Depot! The F & L store has a lot more to lose when dealing with customers than the guy/gal at Home Depot. 3) His suggestion might be to use weighted Paper Clips! That will save you all kinds of $$$ if all you're looking for is how to save a few pennies. (It's a loooooong story ...) He's s recent recipient of the 'Guy of All Trades' award from The Furniture Guys (sic). Well, at least they're not afraid to admit they haven't a clue when it comes to opening a can of paint! (Aren't we having fun yet?!)

Do have a good day! I was just venting at 'him'. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC