> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > balanced view on carpets
Login | Register

balanced view on carpets

Posted by aimee on January 15th, 2001 08:30 PM
In reply to What basement flooring to use? Carpet? by Dave on January 15th, 2001 03:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

dave, after investigating more on the Web and in my DIY books, I suspect the answer to your question actually lies somewhere in between "carpets in basements are bad" and "carpets in basements are fine." here is some sound advice from 'the sound home consultant', who acknowledges that all basements get moisture & that in the case of flooding, you'll need to be able to remove your carpet easily (

Q - We have a new house. We have had no water leaks in the basement and the cinder walls are dry. All walls except the rear facing wall are underground. With this in mind, we want to put carpet down in two of the three rooms. What is the best way to lay carpet on concrete slab? ...
Bruce & Susan

A - I make the assumptions that all basements get wet at one time or another. As such, I would tend to install the carpet with double sided tape or some other method which allows for easy removal. Tack strip would not be my choice. ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC