> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > bagpipes in your wall
Login | Register

bagpipes in your wall

Posted by Roto Rooter on February 21st, 2001 10:15 PM
In reply to noisy pipes by bc on January 20th, 2001 03:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

It's commonly called water hammer and is more commonly caused by loose piping behind the walls or by air trapped in the water system. If BC's suggestions don't work then I would suggest shuting off the main water supply to your house and draining the system by opening the lowest fixture. After it has completely drained, turn the system back on making sure that you turn on a bath tub or a hose bib outside to flush out any loose debris that may be floating around inside the pipes. Also remove the screen aerator on the spout of the noisy sink and turn this fixture on. Keep all of your other fixtures closed until the system is full and stops spurting air. This may fix the problem. If not, check the work your plumber did. Did he loosen any straps or tear out a portion of a wall that was holding the pipe securely? If these solutions don't work, I suggest calling him back. You may be able to argue that this problem is covered under the warranty.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC