> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bagels
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on July 8th, 2001 10:20 AM
In reply to The commercial by Barb on July 7th, 2001 07:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

Barb, it would take barbequed ribs and peach cobbler with homemade ice cream to even think about putting on a new roof. The problem is that I would have to take a nap after the roof (probably several along the way with this job) or a nap after the ribs and cobbler. And I'm sure you know better than to believe any guy who says "Honey, I will finish the roof just as soon as I finish this last bite of cobbler. Trust me." The next sound you hear will be a snore, for sure. Not that I would act that way, trust me. LMBO

And I loved the Jersey shore. The family went there several times about mumble-mumble years ago. Loved Stone Harbor. Cape May had not awakened then, and still might not have, but it was a little too old-timey for a young kid. Wildwood was a little too wild for this old country boy but a garden spot next to Atlantic City--then.

Swimming anytime--except for an hour after you ate. A harbor where you could have a bonfire on one point of the inlet and if the cop came to make you put the fire out, you just swam across to the other point and lit another fire. Plenty of time for watching the submarine races while he was driving around since the trip was a lot longer than the swim. There was bowling alley that did not have mechanical pin spotters. A local kid set all the pins and I even tipped him pretty well, just for the experience. There was an ice cream store just up the beach from the motel that had like 20 scoops of ice cream with 20 different toppings, a mountain of whipped cream and a cherry on top. If it's still like that today, I'll be there. Well, when I finish these ribs. Trust me.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC