> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bad wallpaper
Login | Register

Bad wallpaper

Posted by Lee H, an ex-pro on May 26th, 1998 10:00 AM
In reply to Contractor mistakes: What To Do by Carol on May 21st, 1998 11:15 AM [Go to top of thread]

Whether or not you're into going through the hastle of court to settle, you should at least file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, local Chamber of Commerce, the state department of Consumer Affairs, and if he was licensed, the board that issued it to him. That way any potential clients will be forewarned if they do some research. For the future, if someone says they've handled a unique paper, ask for pictures and/or references *for that type of work*. The place of purchase should have a rolodex full of paperhangers, and should know who is best qualified for particular installations. Nothing beats word of mouth advertising- ask friends who have nice wallpaper installations who did it. My old partner and I NEVER advertised, and maintained a 5 month waiting list. And people waited! One store gave us all the intricate jobs noone else would or could go near, like hanging ultrasuede. $200/sheet (in '89) and your finger oils would ruin it. I don't mean to toot my own horn- just making the point that a contractor's work speaks for itself, and if you don't know of anyone who had wallpaper installed, then the wallpaper stores should know who's best for the job.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC