renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > bad smell coming from painted walls
Login | Register

bad smell coming from painted walls

Posted by mikki on September 28th, 2003 10:11 PM

5 of 5 people found this post helpful

I just bought a new house which is barely 4 years old and for the first few days I removed those wall air fresheners and shortly after a funny smell arrived I thought it was coming from the carpets so I had a carpet company come in and they got right down there and smelled the floor and carpets which we determined wasn't the cause of the smell. So just for the heck of it the rug guy checked the walls and that was it. I have been walking around checking the walls and they do have some type of stink. I can't even associate this smell with anything I have ever smelled before. The paint on the wall is very poor almost looks like a flat primer instead of a nice paint. My question is what do you think would have caused this stink and what can I do to fix this. This is new for me I have had other houses in the past that needed painting but never have I come across anything in paint that would have continued to smell even after it has dried. I am really upset by this -I would appreciate any help or information.

HELP MIkki

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC