> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bad News ...
Login | Register

Bad News ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on December 28th, 2000 10:32 AM
In reply to Ice Backup by Bob on December 28th, 2000 09:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bob,

For the benefit of others (and if you don't already know), what's happening to your roof is what's known as Ice Damming. To answer your question, you could knock them off BUT, if you think that in doing so you'd damage the roof/shingles, then I wouldn't do it. What's important for others (and you) to know is that the cause needs to be 'addressed'.

Here are a couple useful links describing Ice Damming and what causes the icicles. What Is Ice Damming and Q and A - Icicles On The Roof

What you described in less than 25 words is bad news. You say you can't do much about this but actually, you can do some things. If you're interested in some insight other than what's provided in the above links, post back with more information about your house and ask whatever questions you'd like. In short, if this continues unabated, you'll be asking 'us' how to replace your roof and/or how to stop the 50+ leaks in the house. All this expansion and contraction WILL be 'noticed' in a matter of time. I do wish you well. (You know where to find 'us' ...)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• Ice Backup by Bob  12/28/00 09:38 AM (: 1, : 0)

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC