> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Backyard Drainage
Login | Register

Backyard Drainage

Posted by JD on July 26th, 2000 08:57 PM
In reply to landscaping - drainage in back yard by Will Johnson on June 22nd, 1998 04:38 PM [Go to top of thread]

I've cut & pasted a problem from 2 years ago that Will posted here. Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know how he made out and which solution worked for him? Running the pipe to the street is not an option for me. My town had got some laws against it. Any advice is appreciated.
Thank You,

Posted by Will Johnson on June 22, 1998 at 16:38:53:

I just bought a home that sits on almost an acre of land - most in the backyard. All of my neighbors on one side of the yard are higher than my property, so rainwater runs down the tall hills of their yards onto my property. I'm wondering whether digging a gulley along the fenceline is the best (and cheapest) solution for directing the water down the side of the yard and into the street. Will a gulley be enough, or do I need a pipe of some sort to direct the flow. Also, I would like something cosmetically appealling. I don't mind a minor gulley as long as grass grows again on top of it. As it is now, there is standing water (practically a swamp) in the upper section of the back yard.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC