> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Backer Rods
Login | Register

Backer Rods

Posted by Moderator, Steve on August 25th, 2002 12:12 PM
In reply to Caulk "backing" by Pat on August 24th, 2002 06:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

they come in three sizes and are flexible ropes if you will that are crammed into a too large crack and then the caulk is applied over this. the rods act as a back that will allow caulk to stick to and take up the space.

They are great. I keep the three sizes with me all the time and use them about as much as my cordless drill.

in home centers should be found on the weather proofing ailse. Ask for Backer Rods.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC