> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Back porch raining-HELP!
Login | Register

Back porch raining-HELP!

Posted by Elgie Bacon on December 10th, 2002 10:33 PM
In reply to HELP! condensation on inside of windows is ruining paint by Barbara Hanna on January 29th, 2000 10:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi. I just read over the previous posts and wonder if my problem might be eliminated by the use of vents.

I have a 28'X 12' back porch. It is attached to the mobile home I live in, When the corrugated, fiberglass sheets of the roof began to leak through pin-holes of age, I replaced the entire roof.

I used corrugated plastic sheets to recover the roof. It is screwed and sealed. However, I left out three 4" openings along the 28'front. I sealed a sheetmetal strip and screwed it over the seam between the trailer and porch.

I was so happy when it finally rained and we had no leaks. But now that it's colder, the rain seems to be made right on the back porch. The plastic ceiling is just covered with large water droplets. And they drip all over - fast.

Our lectric heater is under the house. Could escaping heat from that heater be causing all this condensation? How can I fix this problem - quickly and cheaply.

My only idea is to cut vent holes in the fiberglass sides of my porch - near the top of the wall. I figure four on the front and two on the sides. Will this solve my problem?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC