> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > back flow preventer
Login | Register

back flow preventer

Posted by The Woodchuck Canuck on August 15th, 1999 03:04 PM
In reply to What do I use by Angie B on August 15th, 1999 02:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Angie,

If the drain you are talking about is the drain in your concrete floor then what you need is a backflow preventer. Your local hardware store should have them for about $20.00

This gadget allows water (if you have a flood) to flow into the drain but at the same time it prevents any sewer debris or "aroma" from entering your home. When you go to the store, first measure the inside diameter of the drain opening. That way you'll pick up the correct sized gadget.

Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC