> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > attic mold and mildew
Login | Register

attic mold and mildew

Posted by carol tollison on March 22nd, 2003 08:51 AM
In reply to Mildew smell by Henry in MI on January 3rd, 2003 07:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

We live in Florida and had a leaking roof. We have just had a complete tear off and reshingle done but the house smells moldy inside, upon entry, I notice it really strong. To add to that, it rained during the interim between inspections and my ceiling finaly leaked in three rooms, just slightly, not too bad, from blowing rain under the tar paper.
How do I now get rid of the smell. It is so humid here anyway and the rainy season has started somewhat early this season.
Our carport ceiling actually caved long ago and we tore it down leaving the open air to go into the attic too. We plan on refinishing it now that the roof is redone but I can't live with that smell in the home. Also do you think it would be a good idea to replace ceiling of carport with some type of ventilated covering instead of makeing it airtight with more drywall, It had a type of plaster board on it before.(we have a ridge vent on top of the roof but no other venting) I have watched your show for years and always totally enjoyed it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC