> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > asbestos siding
Login | Register

asbestos siding

Posted by Nicole on May 4th, 1998 08:40 PM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I thought that I had posted this message but haven't found it on the message board so I shall do it again.
I own a house that has asbestos siding on it. I was recently told that there might be a new law coming out that if you ever want to put up siding on a house that has asbestos on it then you will have to remove the asbestos siding first. If this is the case I want to know now before this law comes into effect. I know all about the hazards of asbestos and can understand the perils involved with the nailing and or drilling through asbestos if not done properly. I am also very aware of the cost of disposal let alone removal by a liscenced asbestos handler, inspector, etc. I don't see why a law should be written, (if this is true). The asbestos siding is a good insulator, fire resistent and non-friable when left alone. Could you tell me if you know anything about a law coming into effect?
If I decide not to ever side over the asbestos then do you know what kind of paint I can use on it. And whether I need a primer first? My house already has a light coat of something on it. Whether it is a primer, paint, oil, latex I'm not sure.
Waiting for response from anyone!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC