> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Asbestos Removal
Login | Register

Asbestos Removal

Posted by Charles Sledge on December 26th, 2000 11:33 PM
In reply to asbestos removal by bc on December 25th, 2000 12:15 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have been involved in the control of asbestos for over 20 years. For those people who have worked with asbestos the hazard is not overrated in the least bit. I have had the misfortune of watching people close to me die from mesotheloma, a rare form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. Remeber, asbestos is a proven carcinogen and there are NO safe levels of exposure to it. The information is correct, as far as it goes. Respiratory protection is a must and it must be properly fited and worn in order to be effective. The other problem will be in determining when the airborne fiber level is safe for reoccupancy. I don't recall if there will be children living in the house or not. Their bodies can not tollerate exposure to asbestos as well as us older folks can. This is why Congress took such strong action in the schools.

Having said all of this, asbestos can be safely removed if you know what you are doing. If you dont know what you are doing you can create a much larger hazard than currently exist. I will be glad to answer your questions.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC