> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > asbestos in flrs
Login | Register

asbestos in flrs

Posted by Amy on March 6th, 2003 07:30 PM
In reply to linoleum/carpet removal by Kristi in TX on March 6th, 2003 02:10 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm just guessing here and don't have any knowledge or experience here, but... I'd invest in good respirators/pirators, wear clothing that covers all of you that you can trash after, hair nets, whatever's needed. Seal off the rest of the house (like you would if you were refinishing floors), and send your son elsewere (summer camp?). Check websites with statistics as to how much asbestos exposure and in what physical forms are considered the most dangerous. Perhaps you find out who manufactured the linoleum & then contact them for content info. Have you checked professional association's sites like WFCA? Professionals could remove it, or maybe you can put something down over the linoleum creating a new, level surface (joint compound? concrete? plywood? I have no idea, but there so many different products out there, who knows?) Hope I helped & didn't just tell you stuff you already know. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC