I just moved into an apartment that contained asbestos in the ceiling. As far as I was informed as long as I left the ceiling alone the asbestos would not affect me. However, the ceiling leaked water and in a matter of hours the leakes became holes. The holes were semi covered with plastic covering, but air flowed through it. Should I be concerned with this or is there a time span the asbestos has to be exposed in the air to cause any danager? Is there a need to replace any furniture or belongs; because I heard asbestos attaches itself to materials causing a lasting affect to the health?