> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > are you refering to the pipe
Login | Register

are you refering to the pipe

Posted by Moderator, Steve on November 18th, 2002 05:14 PM
In reply to Washer instalation problems by Mary M. on November 18th, 2002 11:29 AM [Go to top of thread]

that the used water from the washer is taken from the house?

You know, sometimes this pipe collects lint from washings even if your washer has a trap. Maybe the previous washer did not. Anyway, this stuff can collect in the P section of the drain pipe and cause restrictions and therefore overflows.

This needs to be checked periodically.

Now, if this is the first time and you have fixed the problem, then you might be OK. If you allow this to vent and air out you might not have any structural damage at all.

You might want to remove a straight cut section of dry wall so that it can dry out inside and then spray some bleach in that area for mold retardant.

Now, for proper install of both units, make sure that they are level, adjust the legs. Then install that metal no burst flex hose. Make sure, make sure, that washers are installed in both ends.

Tighten up securely and if you want wrap some teflon tape around the threaded or male ends for added security.

Turn on the spiquots slowly and test them.

This should be all you need.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC