> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Are You Going to Try It?
Login | Register

Are You Going to Try It?

Posted by Van on January 18th, 2001 08:28 AM
In reply to Just As I Thought ... by Jay J -Moderator on January 17th, 2001 08:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Painting Cement by dmasher on 11/08/2004

You think it would wear out fast on a covered porch? The program had a couple of different sealers, I'm wondering how much they will protect under heavy traffic and bad weather conditions. I am going to try it this spring. I painted my sunporch (after etching it) this past fall and right after I finished it, my son broke a window and the glass tore up the new paint job. After that, snow and every other act of Mother Nature shredded the path from the porch door to the house door right in front of the window. (Obviously I did not fix the window) Since I have to redo the porch floor, I might as well try the stain and sealer approach. Do you plan on trying it? Do you know if the etching will take care of the primer (the primer held up great! to bad it doesn't come in different colors) and paint all the way down to the cement? or do I need to do something first? Please, let me know if you try it and how it turned out. Thanks.

Are you in the floor profession?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• More ... by Jay J -Moderator  1/18/01 11:16 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC